Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Baby Shower #1

My first baby shower was given this past Sunday by my mother in law for Jason's side of the family. The high that day was about 19 but the sun was shining! Jason & I got there early to help set up, the place was a little bed & breakfast in our area. We had tomato bisque soup, chicken salad wraps, potato salad, home made zucchini bread made by my father in law, home made lemon poppy seed muffins made by Jason's aunt and of course, cake!

Jason took off before the guests showed up but swung by after the gifts were opened to say thank you to everyone and help pack up. Everyone tried to get him to confess the gender and gave their best guesses as to what they believed I was carrying. True to his word, Jason has kept tight lipped this entire time. He said it's been hard sometimes because he wants to engage in some conversations but can't without giving away the gender. Soon enough! I've got just over 5 weeks left!

Here are a few pictures of the festivities.

Jason & I with the diaper cake his mom made us

The Goodbye Tummy, Hello Mommy cake

The Newborn Boppy Lounger & spoons

Our swing - given to us by Jason's mom

We were so lucky to receive so many items for the baby, it just seemed like never ending gifts that day! And to know I still have two other showers to attend makes me feel more blessed to have so many people who are just as excited about our baby as we are. There is nothing better than feeling how soft all the baby's items are. Jason & I spent the rest of the day unpacking the gifts, pulling tags off, separating items and putting things away. It's been so fun to watch the nursery come together more and more. It's also amazing to see the items slowly start taking over our house and moving items around to make room!


1 comment: